Daisykit Android is built on top of Daisykit SDK. It contains wrapper code, examples to use Daisykit in Android mobile devices.
Github: https://github.com/nrl-ai/daisykit-android (opens in a new tab).
Very first Android demo:
I. Build and Run
Dependencies: Android NDK 21.3, CMake 3.10.2.
Step 1: Clone the source code
git clone --recurse-submodules https://github.com/nrl-ai/daisykit-android.git
git clone https://github.com/nrl-ai/daisykit-android.git cd daisykit-android git submodule update --init
Step 2: Download NCNN
https://github.com/Tencent/ncnn/releases (opens in a new tab)
- Download ncnn-YYYYMMDD-android-vulkan.zip or build ncnn for android yourself
- Extract ncnn-YYYYMMDD-android-vulkan.zip into app/src/main/jni and change the ncnn_DIR path to yours in app/src/main/jni/CMakeLists.txt
Step 3: Download OpenCV
https://github.com/nihui/opencv-mobile (opens in a new tab)
- Download opencv-mobile-XYZ-android.zip
- Extract opencv-mobile-XYZ-android.zip into app/src/main/jni and change the OpenCV_DIR path to yours in app/src/main/jni/CMakeLists.txt
Step 4: Download assets
- Download all assets here (opens in a new tab) and put into
Step 5: Build
- Open this project with Android Studio, build it and enjoy!
II. Some notes
- Android ndk camera is used for best efficiency.
- Crash may happen on very old devices for lacking HAL3 camera interface.
- All models are manually modified to accept dynamic input shape.
- Most small models run slower on GPU than on CPU, this is common.
- FPS may be lower in dark environment because of longer camera exposure time.
III. Errors and Fixes
1. Errors because of build tool version
No toolchains found in the NDK toolchains folder for ABI with prefix: arm-linux-androideabi
clang ++: error: unknown argument: '-static-openmp'
How to fix? Install NDK 21.3, CMake 3.10.2.
2. Crashing app
Check if you have downloaded and extracted all assets. See into assets folder at
app/src/main/assets. There should be 3 subfolders here: